Intercultura Assessment Protocol
2016 - 2018
Università di Udine
The University of Udine in collaboration with Fondazione Intercultura Onlus has launched a pilot project entitled "INTERCULTURA ASSESSMENT PROTOCOL". The aim was to design, propose and validate guidelines, tools and an assessment rubric that can be adopted in the context of secondary schools and which will enable teachers to assess the intercultural competence of 16-17 year-old students on their return from a year-long international mobility programme.
More than 100 secondary school teachers participated in the pilot project. They all had at least one student participating in an annual International Individual Mobility Program with INTERCULTURA Onlus Association in 2016/2017.
Here is a brief presentation:
Details of the project can be downloaded from this page.
The tools needed to use the Protocol are available below
Baiutti, M. & Paolone, A. R. (2018). Il valore pedagogico interculturale del diario di bordo durante la mobilità studentesca internazionale individuale: la prospettiva degli insegnanti. Encyclopaideia – Journal of Phenomenology and Education, 22(52), 55-72
Baiutti, M. (2020). International pupil mobility in secondary schools: A growing educational phenomenon, School Education Gateway, 8/12/2020.
Baiutti, M. (2021). Developing and Assessing Intercultural Competence during a Mobility Programme for Pupils in Upper Secondary School: The Intercultura Assessment Protocol. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal of Study Abroad, 33(1), 11-42.
Conferences and presentations
- The Forum on Education Abroad (17th Annual Conference, virtual), 1-5 Marzo 2021
- Network of expert (on line - European Commission project), 9 November 2020
- Amsterdam, 11-15 November 2019 (IAIE convention)
- Shanghai, 7-10 July 2019, IAIR (International Academy for Intercultural Research) e CAFIC (China Association for Intercultural Communication) convention
- Cagliari, 6-8 June 2019 (1st International Conference Scuola Democratica)
- Durham, 19-21 April 2018 (Cultnet)
- Trento, 16 November 2017 (video) (Departing for Europe)
- Lisbona, 21 September 2017 (video) (European Commission)
- Durham, 20-22 April 2017 (Cultnet)